Hello, Javan Makhmali here. I’m a programmer at Basecamp, co-author of Trix, and remote worker from Ann Arbor, Michigan. You can find me on twitter, github, and at email@example.com.
Recent open source contributions
- Fix digesting non-HTML templates with non-unique logical names (rails/rails)
- Fix fragment_cache_key cache invalidation (rails/jbuilder)
- Action Cable: Fix CI tests on Sauce Labs (rails/rails)
- Action Cable: Tune Sauce Labs tests (rails/rails)
- Add helper for testing against a mock WebSocket and server (maclover7/rails)
- Fix triggering “trix-focus” event when autofocusing (basecamp/trix)
- Build action_cable.js with Blade (rails/rails)
- Add UMD support. Fixes #91 (turbolinks/turbolinks)
- UMD support (basecamp/trix)
- Add Basecamp 3 to apps (electron/electron.atom.io)
- Improve composition event handling (basecamp/trix)
- Fix parsing whitespace after unserialized attachment HTML (basecamp/trix)
- Avoid creating unnecessary non-breaking spaces (basecamp/trix)
- HTML parser improvements (basecamp/trix)
- Fix selection error when clicking some input elements. Fixes #209 (basecamp/trix)
- Mig Reyes and I talked about how we—a designer and programmer—work together. Watch a brief video recap and see photos from the event.
If you’d like to discuss a speaking engagement, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some things that happened
- 2015 Open-sourced Trix, a rich text editor for everyday writing.
- 2014 Started working on Trix with Sam Stephenson.
- 2013 Launched Emojisaurus with some friends for the 48 hour Rails Rumble competition. We won 5th place.
- 2011 Became the 21st signal to work at 37signals (now Basecamp).
- 2009 Created Whenever, a Ruby Gem for managing cron jobs. Five million downloads later, it has become an industry standard.
- 2008 Joined the team at Inkling Markets, one of the earliest Y Combinator startups, and spent two happy years working there with Nate and Adam.
- 2007 Worked with Miranda July to launch No one belongs here more than you. It spread like wildfire.
Thanks for stopping by!