Hello, Javan Makhmali here. I’m a programmer at Basecamp, co-author of Trix, and remote worker from Ann Arbor, Michigan. You can find me on twitter, github, and at email@example.com.
Recent open source contributions
- HTML parser improvements (basecamp/trix)
- Fix selection error when clicking some input elements. Fixes #209 (basecamp/trix)
- Fix parsing whitespace-only text nodes (basecamp/trix)
- Return subscription object(s) when updating the collection (rails/rails)
- Action Cable: client side 💅 (rails/rails)
- Action Cable: Defer starting connection monitor until a connection is opened (rails/rails)
- Action Cable: Establish WebSocket connection when first subscription is created (rails/rails)
- Optional settings filename (nathanbuchar/electron-settings)
- Optimize .svg icons with
svgoto reduce file size (basecamp/trix)
- Fix that selections remained expanded in Firefox after a composition (basecamp/trix)
- Avoid inheriting text attributes from parent block elements (basecamp/trix)
- Fix handling pastes in browsers that don’t support ClipboardEvent.clipboardData (basecamp/trix)
- Fuzzy location mapping (basecamp/trix)
- Remove merge conflict data (nathanbuchar/electron-settings)
- Remove test globals (basecamp/trix)
- Remove client-side Action Cable debugging code (rails/rails)
- Mig Reyes and I talked about how we—a designer and programmer—work together. Watch a brief video recap and see photos from the event.
If you’d like to discuss a speaking engagement, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some things that happened
- 2015 Open-sourced Trix, a rich text editor for everyday writing.
- 2014 Started working on Trix with Sam Stephenson.
- 2013 Launched Emojisaurus with some friends for the 48 hour Rails Rumble competition. We won 5th place.
- 2011 Became the 21st signal to work at 37signals (now Basecamp).
- 2009 Created Whenever, a Ruby Gem for managing cron jobs. Five million downloads later, it has become an industry standard.
- 2008 Joined the team at Inkling Markets, one of the earliest Y Combinator startups, and spent two happy years working there with Nate and Adam.
- 2007 Worked with Miranda July to launch No one belongs here more than you. It spread like wildfire.
Thanks for stopping by!